Thursday, August 30, 2007

Montana Festival of the Book


I served as a volunteer for the inaugural Montana Festival of the Book back in 1999, and I'm delighted now to be invited to participate as a panelist and reader. The festival runs Sept. 13-15 in downtown Missoula, and it kicks off with Mayor John Engen leading a vocabulary game of some sort. If Hizzoner is involved, it'll be a good show. Look for me as a reader at 11 a.m. on Friday where I'll join Danell Jones
and Michael Fitzgerald. Then, on Saturday at 11 a.m., I serve on a panel called "The Reporter's Eye, the Writer's Ear" alongside Larry Watson,
Jeff Hull, Kirby Larson, and Deirdre McNamer. Sherry Devlin, my once-colleague and now editor of the Missoulian, will moderate.

Other panels I won't miss include Jeff Hull's reading (1 p.m. Saturday) and the gala reading where Dee McNamer will read from her new novel Red Rover, which earned a starred review from Publisher's Weekly.

Here's the full sked: Montana Bookfest 2007

No comments: